Monday, December 15, 2008

X-Men Origins: Wolverine debuts on Myspace!


The trailer for the troubled spin-off to the X-Men franchise has debuted on MySpace of all places. Check it out at the link listed below.

Click Here - Then come back and tell me what you thought of our first glimpse at one of the few, sure fire hits of the, writer strike affected, 2009 summer film season.

My thoughts on it? Well, I have heard about the struggles between Fox head honcho Tom Rothman and Indie film darling (and director of this film) Gavin Hood. Arguments over tone and directions had a lot of fans worrying that this film could be another X-Men 3 or even some thing as terrible as Fox's Ghost Rider film.

Well... so far so good. The trailer sells the film very well. It appears to be epic in ambition if not necessarily in scope. Hugh Jackman, as always seems like he was born to play the mutton chop-wearing anti hero and Liev Schriber seems to be having a ball as his nemesis, Sabertooth.

I remain cautiously optimistic about the whole thing.

Besides Who doesn't love the idea of Ryan Renolds playing the wise-cracking mercenary DeadPool? If anything we have to support ol' Ryan cause god knows his other atempt at action stardom, Blade 3, failed miserably despite his best efforts.

Sources : Chud, AintitCool, Myspace

1 comment:

  1. Some of it looks good, but other things I'm not excited about. I'm not sure about a skinny Sabertooth, and Gambit looks terrible.

    ReplyDelete