I love film.
I have loved film for as long as I can remember. Watching Gene Kelly sing in the rain, Steven McQueen drive like a madman through the streets of San Fransisco , and Clint Eastwood shoot down half the west are memories that are as near and dear to me as any birthday or graduation.
Throughout my life I have shared this love in silence. While A lot of my friends would be willing to go to the theater with me every weekend, none of them devoured and absorbed every bit of film detail like I did. I had to know everything about the films I had seen or were about to see. I use to think I was weird at worst and obsessed at best.
Then I discovered The internet film community and realized I was not alone at all. I discovered critics, other fans, and even film makers who loved this unique art as much as I do. It was exhilirating and overwhelming all at once.
Where to begin with it all?
Hopefully, that is the point of this site. I want you to follow me along in my love affair with film. I want you to let me show you some of the truly wonderful things I've discovered, introduce you to some of the great people I've met and ... maybe... just maybe... you'll find something to fall in love with yourself.
It all begins here, at your easy access point to the world I love so much. A curb cut leading to a world of wonder...
Right now though, It is time to silence the cellphones and lower your voices because the room just went dark and the curtains have parted.
The show is about to begin.
Monday, December 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment